Wednesday, March 28, 2012


Wednesday’s Wine of the Week

Most of us think a good bottle of wine comes from an obscure winery in a tiny village in a country like France or Italy, and has sat around for years until it has become the best bottle of wine we have ever tasted.  While I’m sure those wines are outstanding, they are also something that us mere mortals will never get our hands on.  Instead we go scrounging around the liquor store for a bottle that doesn’t make us feel like we’re drinking our money away; for me that is a bottle that costs around $10.  Now you may be thinking I’m drinking dishwater wine, however wine from a box was something I outgrew in college.   Since my "tap the bag" years, I have discovered, much to my liking, that you can enjoy a ton of wines that that are “fit for a king” without spending like one.  These extraordinary wines come in all colors, and have more flavors than Baskin Robbins.  Red, white, pink, oaky, citrusy, floral; you name it you can find it. All the possibilities make you feel like a kid in a candy store. However, if you have ever been in a candy store you’d know there is a TON of candy, so it is hard to make a decision.  Don’t panic, this is where I come in.  Once a week I will share with you, the lucky few, a wine that will tickle your taste buds and stroke your wallet.  Wines that are not only budget friendly, but will fill your senses. So get excited people, next Wednesday I will reveal my first pick!









© 2012 Christine Van Arsdalen. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment