Monday, April 23, 2012

Jersey Shore Restaurant week at Shipwreck Point



                This Saturday I dined a Shipwreck Point in Point Pleasant NJ.  Having eaten there before I already knew the meal would be delicious, and man did they deliver!  For $30 you got to choose from 3 different appetizers, entrees and desserts; all of which looked tempting.  For my meal I selected scallop crudo for my appetizer, seared duck breast for my entrée and chocolate Chambord cheesecake for dessert.  I was drooling like a dog waiting for a bone before I even got my appetizer.  They brought out delicious bread with homemade butters and sea salt from Normandy while we waited.  How cool is that French Salt! it made me feel all sophisticated like a should be sipping champagne under the Eifel tower.
       When I got my appetizer it looked so good I almost shoved my face in the bowl.  However being that I was in a fine dining establishment, I used some restraint and took a bite instead of embarrassing myself.  The scallops were amazing, probably the best I’ve had.  They were tender and juicy and sweet.  They were so soft they just melted in my mouth.  Those scallops were so good that if God had a favorite food, that would probably be it.  My sister and dad had lobster bisque with a hint of crème fraiche which was equally as delicious.  

      When my entrée came out I didn’t think anything could be as good as the scallops, however I was wrong.  The duck was cooked perfectly and had a crispy skin that was to die for; which is saying something because I am a duck lover with a very discerning palate.  I don’t think I have ever said “mmmm” as much as I did while eating the duck.  It was nice and juicy, full of flavor and had a side of mashed sweet potatoes that were also delightful.  After that meal I can definitely see why Elmer Fud spent all those years trying to hunt Daffy Duck, he knew how good he tasted. 
      The icing on the cake was the dessert.  When chocolate and raspberries get together, you know it’s going to be good. When you throw cheesecake in the mix it’s like getting ice cream cake on your birthday when you’re a kid, the best thing ever! The chocolate really came through, leaving you with just a hint of raspberry.  The cake was light and fluffy as a cloud ... absolutely divine. I definitely had my cake and ate ALL of it too.  As a whole it was probably one of the best meals I’ve had.  And to top it off, it was only $96 for 3 people.    That’s like meeting your idol and winning the lottery all on the same day.  I left the restaurant one happy, and full girl.  I will definitely go back to Shipwreck Point soon!
Check out the broke girl on a budget for another review http://brkgrlonabudget.blogspot.com/

Keep your wallets full  and your mouths happy!
<3 DD


Copyright  © 2012 Christine Van Arsdalen. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment