Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday’s Wine of the week


Simply Naked Pino Grigio

After all the hype I have seen in the past weeks I decided to try a bottle of the wine that is EVERYWHERE!  Yes even communication majors like myself sometimes fall for advertising, shocking.  After all the hype and hoopla it was under my skin as Frank Sinatra says. It was stuck in my head like a bad 90's song.  My curiosity got the better of me and after some consideration, I decided to try it.   Tracking it down on the “Simply Naked” website I discovered it was at my local liquor store, so I went to pick up a bottle of the Pino Grigio.  Much to my delight, the bottle was on sale for $7.99 which pretty much sealed the deal.

 Well I would just like Baccus for bringing this wine into my life.  Don’t let the name fool you, it may be naked but it is definitely not bare of flavor.  In fact it is quite the opposite.  The flavor of the fruit really shines through giving it a crisp clean taste.  I must admit I was a little skeptical; there are very few wines that I have had that were not made in an oak barrel. I mean come on wine without oak is like peanut butter without jelly, is still good but it can’t be as great right? Wrong!  I definitely ate (or drank) my words after trying my first glass.  The fact that it was “unoaked” as they put it gave it a very refreshing and bright body.  You can pick up the notes of melon, passion fruit and peach with just a small hint of citrus, and surprisingly a little bit of spice.  This is definitely a great summer wine, perfect for sipping on a lazy afternoon.   But as they say on Reading Rainbow "you don't have to take my word for it."  Go try it for yourself!

Keep your wallets full and your mouths happy
<3 DD

Copyright © 2012 Christine Van Arsdalen. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment