Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday’s Wine of the Week


    Today I stopped in my local liquor store in search of a wine my sister had recommended.  While to my disappointment they didn’t have what I was looking for, they had something just as good.  It was one of those moments where you can hear Mick Jagger in your earing singing “You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes well you might find you get what you need.”  I would like to thank the rock God’s for giving me what I needed.  There I was standing amidst hoards of wine and this bottle caught my eye; mainly because it was one of the few bottles that had a description below.  Clearly my selection process is very complex.  At any rate I liked the description, so I decided to give it a whirl.  It was love at first sip! My mouth was filled with a fruity bright and slightly figgy flavored surprise.  Before I get ahead of myself, I should probably mention that this wonderful wine is entitled Sean Minor Sauvignon Blanc and a bottle of this pure deliciousness will only cost you about $15.00 depending on the store.  So getting back to singing its praises like a Sunday church choir; there is a strong grapefruity note to the body give it a bold crisp aroma.  The after sip is where the real party happens though.  As the citrus wears off your left with a deeper more rich finish with notes of melon and fig.  It leaves you with a very smooth and delightful taste in your mouth. This bottle really packs a big punch for its little price tag. Like Jessie J says “it’s not about the money.”   To me it seems like it would fantastically with a rich fish like a tuna, a slab of pork, or a peppery arugula salad; I guess you’ll just have to buy a bottle and try it on for size.   Happy drinking folks!



Keep your wallets full and your mouths happy!
<3 DD

Copyright © 2012 Christine Van Arsdalen. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for trying our Sauv Blanc! So glad you liked it and I enjoyed reading your blog post. Cheers!

    Sean Minor

    ReplyDelete